Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Home

Meg&me

I’m home indefinitely.  I got home May 14th and started working part-time at Wayne State College on May 18th :)  So I’ve been home almost 2 weeks.  And it’s still weird (there’s so many white people!)  The decision to come home was made within a 24-hour period, and then I had about 6 days to get here, so it was very rushed and very overwhelming.  I am happy to be home, I missed family and friends so much, and my past month in Taiwan hadn’t been going so well.  I just still feel out of place here sometimes.  It’s weird how easy it always is to get back into what feels normal, and yet in the back of my mind I know it’s way different than what I’ve been used to the past few years!  I do miss Taiwan a lot, I had some really awesome friends there and I think I will always be a big city girl, so coming home to Wayne, Nebraska has been a bit difficult (I miss my Starbucks and Dante Coffee shops!!!!)

But at least I have a job, even if it is only part time at the moment, it’s secure for awhile.  And I’ll be working on my MBA at the same time, so I’m excited to be going back to school.  Eventually I’ll get over the lost feelings I hope :)

No comments: