Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School

I'll keep this quick because I have things to do and classes to plan :P

School went ok, I was shaky at first, plus I still felt unprepared because I didn't have everything I was supposed to or even know everything I was supposed to. My morning starts out with the same group of kids, but some of them are pretty new so they just cried the whole time which was frustrating because I want to help, but I make them cry more so I had to try and move on with the rest of them. After them I go to an older group to teach Math, that was alright and I made it through ok. Next was Circle Time with toddlers and when i got there I realized everything was going to be alright lol. I had observed classes with most of them so they were not shy at all and we had a lot of fun just talking about colors and then playing games.

After lunch I had an art class with older kids and that was alright, still figuring out good art ideas that only take 30-40 minutes, so I had them draw their family and then we talked about each others family. At least they only have art twice a week. Next was PE with my toddlers again!!! I taught them "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" since I'm supposed to teach them body parts. There's one boy, Rick, who really loves to sing. After that we just played in the gym till that class was over, but then I get to take them to Art. I just had them color on a peice of paper, then I cut it into four peices and they had to try to put it back together. Sort of worked, but didn't last long so we did "head, shoulders..." again :D

Although my day started out a little shakey, it ended well, so I'm pleased.

bye bye

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Congrats on making it through your first day. Kudos to you for teaching the ages you do! While they are cute, what work it is to keep kids that age focused all day! I have a book that has activity ideas in it for toddlers...I'll look through and see if any would work good as an art project for your class!