Sunday, August 19, 2007

Welcome to the Adventure

So I'm sitting in Los Angeles Airport right now, it's 11:00AM in Nebraska, 9:00AM in California, and 12:00AM in Taiwan. My flight for Taiwan doesn't leave till about 3:00PM so for the moment I'm just sitting here taking it all in. It's finally real. My family got up at 4:00AM just to take me to the airport, Mom, Dad, Megan, and Nick...I'm still kinda surprised they all got up to go, especially that early. We got to the airport to early so we just kind of hung out until it was time for me to go, at least Dad kept saying it was time, Mom kept saying it wasn't :D My goodbyes were okay, a few tears of course for my mommy, but not as bad as I expected. Although I did turn around when I was going through security and saw them all standing at the top watching me - big mistake for my emotions, but nice to know they were still there. Plane ride to LAX was good, no one sat next to me so I was able to sleep pretty comfortably. I don't know what this next flight will be like, I still have to get my ticket, but the counter isn't open yet since it's still early. Just time to prepare myself for the rest of the journey.

Enjoy the ride along!

2 comments:

Scott said...

We are so excited for you. I can't believe you are actually in LAX! Just thinking of being in Omaha with you all brings a tear to my eye. I can't wait to read all about your adventures!
Have I told you how proud of you we are and how excited we are for all of the beautiful things you will experience!
Safe travels and don't forget all of us little people back here in the States!
Scott

Uncle Russ said...

You are on your way!! We will be looking forward to future posts. I need to find a map so we can follow you around the island. Hope you don't have any more problems. Good luck
Russ