Saturday, September 8, 2007

Made in China

I have internet at my apartment now...yay!! We were told that our internet bill was overdue (it was in Chinese how were we supposed to know!) so when the guy came to collect we had him set up a router so I could have internet for my computer instead of always using Gretchen's. Anyways as he was setting up he was having trouble getting things figured out. He got the router hooked up and connected and I helped him get to the right place to get the computer to recognize it but once we had everything figured out the internet still wouldn't come up. We kept trying different things and we checked the internet on Gretchen's computer and that worked fine. Finally, he pointed to the Ethernet cord connecting my computer to the router and said "Made in China - no good!" It was so funny to hear it!! He had brought his own cord to make any length I want so if I wanted to use my computer at my desk we could, so he made the cord and plugged everything in and it all worked! So we both said "Made in China - no good!" It was really great and he ended up throwing the China cord away. That has been my new catch phrase for the time being, just to let you all know :D

1 comment:

John Naruwan said...

It's getting to the point where you don't even need to say the "no good" part: it's implied in the first part - "Made in China"!