Wednesday, October 3, 2007

It's been too long...

I haven't written for awhile. It's been a busy time. Holidays at school created chaos and then making up those days required work on Saturday. Sunday though I got to go on a trip with the church Gretchen and I recently joined.

It was a lot of fun despite the fact that we gave up our one-day weekend for a full day outing. We went to Keelung which is in the Northeast of the island, close to the ocean. We went to a "sister church" and their worship service in the morning and explored the area all afternoon. We went to an old area that used to be a gold mine and then to the Gold Ecological Park which had museums about when the whole area used to be a big mining area. It was very interesting.

I posted 5 pictures here but because it is so difficult and time consuming to load them all into this blog I started a Shutterfly account (www.rhoslynn.shutterfly.com) where you can view them all in an order you want :) I have all the pictures from this trip up there, but I don't have captions on them yet. It's almost midnight and I need to go to bed, so for now use your imagination with the captions haha.
Gretchen and I enjoying the view

This one's for Dad, your homework: name this plant/flower.


Our hotness :P


The old area of the city. Has a lot of commercial shops now, but it's still very neat, and very crowded.


Just one of the amazing views!

No comments: