Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm a Taiwan Resident!!

I finally recieved my "ROC (Taiwan) Resident Certificate" I have an ID card with all my info on it, basically it says I'm allowed to be here for a year :D Good enough for me! By getting this lovely little card I was able to open a bank account, so now on payday they don't have to hand me a huge wad of cash anymore, I love direct diposit. It was a bit of a difficulty finding time to get to the bank though. They are only open from 9-4:30 Monday-Friday. Gretchen and I went during a lunch break, we usually get two hours. It took two hours and we were 5 minutes late for class :P It's cool though, I feel like I belong more now.


Really bad picture because I have horrible lighting in my room. But I wanted everyone to see it :D It has all the basics of any ID except most of it's in Chinese obviously. It even has my English name translated in Chinese. Because the bank is an offical establishment, it's usually recommended that you get a name stamp or chop, which I also have now. It only cost 50NT ($1.50) and he made it while I waited in his shop. Very cool, now I don't have to sign my name a million times to papers, I can just hand them my stamp and it's like a signature.


No comments: