Monday, November 26, 2007

Linkin Park Concert

My sister was travelling through the Internet world one day about a month or two ago, specifically Myspace.com, looking at a band's page, specifically Linkin Park, when she just happened to skim through the tour dates and see Taipei listed. Normally this would not cause any sort of notice at all except for the fact that I happen to live quite close to Taipei. So she informed me of this and I went into research mode right away. I confirmed the date on their website and contacted my friend and old classmate, Ping Jia, because I knew she was also a huge fan of the group, they are actually very popular in Taiwan considering they are California based, but it's because two of the members are Asian. Ping Jia also confirmed the concert and I asked her to get tickets for me. They were pretty much sold out of course, but she found someone online who had numerous sets of tickets, and I said get 'em!!

So November 16th with Gretchen, Alida, and Leon, we headed into Taipei to a huge soccer stadium where the concert was being held. I'm not even going to go into detail of me forgetting the tickets in the apartment because I'm still upset over that little hang up, I'm just glad I realized it in the first 20 minutes on the bus, rather then standing outside the stadium. Luckily the band started 45 minutes late so I didn't miss much. It was standing room only, which is fine because we were all jumping and rocking out, it was packed though and completely awesome!!!

Here are video snippets from two of my favorite Linkin Park songs, both of them you can hear me singing along, sometimes I don't really sound that good!!:

Chester, one of the main singers of the group, on the big screen right in front of us:

We actually weren't that far from the stage, although a lot of the shots are fuzzy from the crowd moving so much:

Chester and Mike, lead singers:


Trying to see the stage again:

I thought this was a cool shot, I just happend to snap a pic right when the were changing angles on the screen:

Rocking out:
Enjoying all the pretty lights:
Only good shot I could get of the crowd, it was huge: Nice finale picture :) :



Our after party at Roxy 99:


Gretchen enjoying herself:



First, second, or maybe third round of Tequila shots:
I don't really remember this picture, but I guess I was trying to take it myself and that's why I'm not smiling because I'm to busy making sure we're all in it:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats crazy coll Marose...

Anonymous said...

Different concert... just got back from the annual bell choir festival. We missed you; do you miss bells???? Marilyn