Sunday, June 24, 2007

I have a phone interview Tuesday at 8pm for the Taiwan teaching job...pretty excited. Finally mentioned the whole thing to dad - actually he overheard me and mom talking. He told me to go, in a way I consider it his blessing, I pretty much cried from so much excitement, but then he just walked away, so it's kinda weird and it bugs me because I don't think he wants me to go but he knows how much it means to me. Got in a discussion with my mother yesterday about how I'm always doing things to make others happy. I finally realized going to Taiwan is something I really really want, for once in my life what I want to make me happy, so of course I'm doubting the whole idea because I know it will make many others unhappy.... totally sucks, but it's just me. My sister and I have a whole trip to NYC planned for September, pretty much booked and paid for, but I could go to Taiwan as soon as July if I get accepted and decide to go. I know she's upset and I am too, but a few years in Taiwan takes preference over 6 days in NYC even though I'm DYING to go and we have tickets to a broadway show! Blah, I hate decisions, they suck lol.There's just so many decisions right now that I need to make: Taiwan or the US? Today or tomorrow? Which job? Which country? Which state? Which this? Which that? It's a lot to decide all at once and you don't really get a second chance if you think you made a wrong choice....ahhhhhh!! I'm attempting to take it all one thing at a time and talk to people when I feel stuck..but who am I supposed to call at 3am when I can't sleep because I have so much on my mind? Who knows, we'll just have to see how things go Tuesday. Right now the only thing that should be on my mind is going to Ocean's Thirteen with my sister tomorrow...one day at a time, right? :S

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck on your interview tonight! Just remember that your big brother in Iowa is cheering you on which ever direction life flows! You can all anytime (OK maybe not at 3 AM)! :)
Pass along our love from the Mavin family to the entire Rose family!