Friday, May 9, 2008

Pregnant Toddlers???

Last Wednesday was our monthly birthday party at school. The theme this month was, of course, Mother's Day. It involved a dancing contest to our Mother's Day song and the awards for Best English and Best Manners for each class. My kids won the dancing contest (I gave them a good pep talk before the party!) and we also won Super Class!! I was so excited because 1) this is our first time every winning it and 2) if you win it three times in one year you get to go to McDonalds....I have 4 months left, so I'm not sure it'll happen with me, but I'm still very proud.

Now, the interesting part of the event was that the kids brought a shirt or dress of their mom's and right before the party, put it on, and then balloons were placed under the clothing to give the appearance of being pregnant, or "being a mommy" I guess. One of my kids, Eden, did not like this idea, refused, and then when Phoebe was trying to convince him to do it, he started bawling. He definately is not ready for kids of his own! It was funny, amusing, and kind of strange, so there's plenty of pictures.

Dora - balloon was a bit to high
Ken
Emily

Gavin - the pregnant Ninja

Rain

Karen - our newest Gorilla, still getting used to us

Polly
Selina

Jasper

Vicky



Toddlers singing Mother's Day song

No comments: