Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Rose's are welcomed in Taiwan!

Rather than writing a whole bunch about a WONDERFUL weekend, I'll give a few pictures just to show the awesomeness!!!

Monday March 17th: Megan got really good at taking pictures on airplanes.  The flew from Omaha to Denver, Denver to San Francisco, San Fran to Taipei, Taiwan.

DSC00783     

Spending the day in Sanxia, the famous temple in the area.  It's near the Old Street, which is a long road full of old architecture.

DSC00812

Hot pot for lunch and practicing chopstick skills

DSC00822

Meeting my kids at Uncle Sam, Mom brought chocolate for them :)

DSC00824

Tuesday, March 18th: Fun times.  I was camera silly in front of Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall because we had time to waste.

DSC00915

89th floor observatory of Taipei 101, too bad it was a cloudy day

DSC00858

Dinner at a Japanese buffet with Angela's family

DSC00951

Wednesday, March 19th: National Palace Museum, a huge tourist spot and a place I have been to about 8 or 9 times because it's always changing.

DSC00967

Thursday, March 20th: I have a small fear of heights ok, back off!  The Maokong Gondola that takes you up into the mountain.  Basically a little glass box that flies.

DSC01012

After the gondola we went to the zoo and yes, this is a wall of colorful styrofoam poop near the bathrooms.

DSC01042

I told Megan she had to have her picture taken in front of the golden giraffe!

DSC01062

Dinner with Vickie and Ping Jia, high school classmates of mine.

DSC01085

Friday, March 21st: In Dansui I found a 7/11 with Slurpees.  Megan was excited because 7/11s aren't very common in the US anymore and Nick like's Slurpees I think.

DSC01093

My parents...at least two sets of them :)  Eric and Stacey, my Taiwan parents and Kyle and Dan, my USA (and real) parents!

DSC01116

How many people can say they've gone to a popular night club with their parents....and had an AWESOME time!?!?!  We went with my co-workers who all loved partying with them.

DSC01192

No comments: