Sunday, June 15, 2008

Creative-less

I'm tired of art!!! I'm hoping when I find a new school to work at that either: A) I never have to teach arts and crafts, B) they supply numerous art ideas, or C) they ALWAYS have materials for art. I think if I had supplies available or knew that when I asked for something I'd get it, I wouldn't be complaining as much. But when we've only had one color of paint available for the last 3 months, it gets annoying. Especially since I have to teach art to 2 year olds, that makes it even more limited. And I feel bad when I have to repeat similar things, like coloring two days out of three, or even all three days because I have nothing else. The creative part of my brain has shrunk and it's tired :P But I still come up (or find online) some of the best art projects out of all the teachers. Mine always get displayed in the reception area. Which again just puts more pressure on me to come up with good stuff! I think it's also more stressful because now instead of the 10-12 babies I'd teach the beginning of this year, it's up to 20...in one 30 minute class!! Even if I come up with a good project that needs extra materials, I need 20 sets of materials. 3 times a week....le sigh. Does tomorrow have to be Monday??

No comments: