Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ok, maybe I am crazy..

Let's go through a week in the life of Marisa...well Monday through Friday mainly:

I try to wake up between 6:00 and 6:30 and leave for school between 7:00 and 7:30. I don't really have to be to school until 8:30, but I like getting there early, I'm more productive and I enjoy having the office to myself for awhile.

I always teach Monday-Friday 9:00am - 12:00pm
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday I teach 2:00pm-4:00pm and 4:40-6:10pm
Tuesdays I have my afternoons off starting at 2:oopm
Everyday I have 12:00-2:00pm as a break and planning period, but there's usually meetings going on during that time too.

So this doesn't seem to bad, a full schedule, but doable. Is this enough for Marisa? No.
I also teach hours at Joy, our sister school, downtown.
Tuesday - 6:40-8:40
Thursday - 7:40-8:40
Friday - 7:40-8:40 (this is a newly added class)
Tuesday's is ok since I have the whole afternoon off anyways.
Thursdays and Fridays I chose teaching the later time so I actually have time to get from Uncle Sam to Joy. So even though there's a break from when I finish at Uncle Sam at 6:10 to when I teach at Joy at 7:40, there's taking the bus, eating dinner, and planning the class.

So a normal work week for me is
29 teaching hours at Uncle Sam
4 teaching hours at Joy
21 prep/commuting hours at Uncle Sam and Joy

On top of that I have my online class for my Master's at Wayne State, and I have a test coming up so I should be studying :P and I'm trying to fit in some more Chinese learning on the weekends! So if my posts are infrequent which I know they are, it's because by the time I get to the weekend to actually have time to write stuff -- I'm too damn tired!! hehe. Guess I'm officially a workaholic...am I crazy?? I hope not!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

NOw...add kids, volunteering for their schools, schlepping them to their activities, feeding them, bathing them, and trying to get them to bed at a reasonable time...and you have life as a mom. Luckily we women are good multi-taskers or we'd never make it through life!

Enjoy your busyness as it is now because it CAN get crazier :)