Friday, April 25, 2008

A Chinese Wedding

One of my co-teachers, Irene, had a party last weekend (4.20) and I was invited!  It wasn't actually her wedding, it was more of an engagement party.  Usually a Chinese wedding, at least from what I've been told, is more private and low-key.  The engagement party is more like the reception, only it's before they're actually married.  Either way it was tons of fun and Irene was beautiful.

IMG_0181

Irene and me, you can go into her dressing room for pictures before she comes out.

 IMG_0182

Irene and Alida, this is dress number 1.

IMG_0184

Connie, Melody, Leon, Alida, Phoebe, and me

IMG_0188

There was lots of seafood, this was still moving though so I didn't try it!

IMG_0199

All the Chinese teachers got together for a picture

IMG_0201

Dress number 2 - hey Dad, can I have a "Chinese wedding" ;)

 IMG_0202

Saying goodbye to guests, they offered candy and cigarettes...?

IMG_0205

Gift bag from the party, every guest got one.  Includes a cake and candies.

No comments: