Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sorry Mom, but I officially hate fireworks....

Don't get me wrong, I look forward the the 4th of July and the pretty lights in the sky. Mom likes to say all the fireworks on that day are for her, and I tend to agree since it is her birthday. Plus it's the only time she spends money (probably too much :P) and doesn't care about the most likely negative reaction from Dad. All's well and good, except that for the past two days, I've been able to sit in my room and hear: boom bang bang blast pop pop pop bang boom....etc. It's very loud and very annoying...especially since I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING. I look out my window to see the building across from me, whoopee, let's celebrate (*insert sarcastic tone here). Now, I see nothing wrong with fireworks, I actually like how fireworks can be used year round here, for any sort of celebration. If it was like that in the US I'd have a huge firework display on my birthday every year, and for any other tiny celebration I throw. But seriously? Do they have to do them at midnight, that's the time they started last night. At least tonight it's only 7pm so far.

I recorded the sound...and put it into a quick random video...which is much more entertaining than what's really going on :) At least now I'm not so cranky anymore hehe.


2 comments:

Megan said...

That video is pretty cool! I understand your thoughts on the fireworks. When I could hear them it was frustrating not to SEE them!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cool video! Thanks for the fireworks show--and it's not even my birthday yet!! Love you! Mom