Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Monkeys, Penguins, and Turtles...Oh My!!

I told Megan I wanted to go to the zoo before I leave the country because it had been awhile since I'd visited. She and Nick both had Monday off, so we took a trip down to Omaha :D Yay for big sisters!!


To normal people it's a trash can...but to us it's a photo opportunity!!


I liked the polar bears, one kept pacing back and forth watching the other just relax and swim.


The gorillas were crazy active while we were there, so we spent a lot of time watching them.


The baby climbed up the wall just to say hi to me and Megan!


This little guy was just having a ton of fun.


He didn't seem to happy to see us. I think it was because of Megan!!


PENGUINS!!!! My favorite!!!


I love the underwater world.


How could I say no to a turtle! I knew exactly where to look for them too.


Megan and I tried so hard to get some good pictures, even climbing all over the jungle!


It's a rabbit, well a jackrabbit, but it's so weird to look at with his skinny body and long legs.

We only spent the morning there, but we saw everything we wanted to see. It was tons of fun. And I bought a turtle stuffed animal in the gift shop (tradition for me!) and he's purple!! After the zoo we went to the Olive Garden for lunch, another place I hadn't been for awhile. The waiter was cute and we were all being silly so it was good. Overall a great day!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yay for pictures!!!! My favorite is the Hippo one!! I don't appreciate the Monkey comment, but I guess i'll forgive ya! Love you!